Udemy WGU: All you need to know- Do you wish to learn more about Udemy WGU (Western Governors University) courses, programs and how to get started? This content contains all you need to know about Udemy and WGU. Read carefully!
Udemy established in the year, 2010. It is a universal online learning marketplace with diverse applicational approach. When compared to WGU, Udemy is a non-accredited online community, you can describe Udemy as a platform where instructors for different courses and niches create and sell their courses. Udemy course catalog has more than 150,000 courses to be administered by professional instructors on different range of subject areas, making the platform a famous choice for interested learners from across the globe seeking to acquire specific skills, knowledge and expertise .
Udemy has an extensive course catalog and if you wish to learn a new programming language, it is a perfect choice . Udemy also offers courses for the enhancement of your digital marketing skills, or to span through a hobby (let’s say, photography, you would definitely discover the best courses that suits your needs at the moment).
WGU was found in the year 1997. It was created following the decisions of 19 U.S. governors. These governors were in a mission to broaden the access to high-quality education , and to provide an affordable higher education for all. The online platform running as a nonprofit university is now serving thousands of students (up to 115,000 students) nationwide and it has close to 150,000 graduates who applied and got certified from all 50 states. Programs offered here are available in a variety of study areas including ,
Do WGU students get udemy for free?
As of our recent knowledge ,WGU student, have free access to Udemy courses and they also have access to LinkedIn learning. More so, they have free access to majority of the Coursera courses.
Udemy WGU? Pros and Cons
Why Choose Udemy:
Pros of Udemy
- There are a variety of course catalog offered by Udemy and they cover a wide range of topics.
- In Udemy, there is an individual-paced learning which can accommodate various schedules.
- Their individual courses are affordable and these courses comes with frequent discounts.
- You have an endless access to your purchased course content.
- With Udemy, you have the access to learn those top skills, specific skills set or in-demand skills.
- Their top professional instructorsfrom different areas bring unique perspectives to your learning process
- There is flexibility to your learning classes especially for busy and working-class
- With Udemy, there are budget-friendly options to gain affordable education.
Cons of Udemy
- With Udemy , you may not be offered formal degrees or accredited certifications especially for people seeking to use their certificates for further job seeking.
- The quality of coursesoffered also vary w
- The instructor-student interactionis limited
- Courses offered may not impact to the depth of a traditional degree program.
You May Also like: Bachlore in Robotics in New Zeland
Why Choose WGU
Pros of WGU
- They offer degrees that are accredited and holds weight in the job market.
- The competency-based learning that is offered at WGU grants learners flexible learning pace.
- Here, there are emphasis on industry-relevant skills and their are also
- Support services, the likes of academic mentors as well as a dedicated community.
- They are regionally accredited, this quality offers for wide recognition.
- Flexibility in learning for working professionals.
- There is fat-rate tuition fee payment model at WGU which may be a very good way to save cost while you learn .
- Career advancement opportunities are available for WGU students when they enroll at industry-aligned programs.
Cons of WGU when Compared to Udemy
- Less course variety are available here when compared to Udemy.
- WGU requires that you have a high level of self-motivation and that you have good time management skills. Also, their tuition model may not meet up with your personal
Udemy WGU Fees and Costs?
WGU tuition fees is the flat-rate tuition model. Here, enrollees are expected to pay a fixed tuition fee for every of the six-month term, you would have to pay average amounts ranging from $3,500 to $4,000 . Additionally, financial aid and scholarship opportunities are also available, making WGU an affordable option for most students and skill learners.
On the other hand, Udemy courses are available for sale on individual basis, with prices ranging from $10 to $200 , there are courses available at more than $200 Udemy offers discounts from time to time and they also have promotional services . One good thing about them is that, once you buy a course, you automatically have a lifetime access to the course.
Final Thoughts on Udemy WGU
This article made you learn that Udemy does not offer any form of formal degrees. There are a variety of course catalog offered by Udemy and they cover a wide range of topics, there is an individual-paced learning which can accommodate various schedule. In addition, you learnt that their individual courses are affordable and these courses comes with frequent discounts with an endless access to your purchased course content.
However, If you’re searching for a place to acquire your degree, choosing WGU is a better option.