Which University Has the Lowest Cut Off Mark for Law – Do you wish to study law at a reputable university with low jamb scores? This article provides a list of the east-to-get law universities which are up to NUC standard.
The minimum JAMB cut-off mark that is required for students to participate in the Post UTME for Law at most federal institutions is 200. Mind you that a score of 200 does not guarantee your admission as most university even cut up to 290 for law. luckily for you, even with 200, you could secure admission to study law if you play your part well, and part of it is reading this content carefully!
Which University Has the Lowest Cut Off Mark for Law?
Ambrose Alli University (AAU) has the lowest cut off mark for law. They may accept a score of 180 so long as you meet the necessary requirements. It is also crucial that you bear in mind that most universities (with exception of the private universities) may not accept a JAMB score that is less than 180 to get a Law degree.
Generally, the possibilities of being admitted to study Law in any institution with a JAMB score from 180 to 200 (depending on the institution) is very low, 20% acceptance rate.
Which State Universities Has the Lowest Cut Off Mark for Law?
These state universities have the highest acceptance rate for law in Nigeria;
- Adamawa State University Mubi
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Gombe State Univeristy, Gombe
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education,Rumuolumeni
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero
- Nasarawa State University Keffi
- Plateau State University Bokkos
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
- Sokoto State University
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano
- Oyo State Technical University Ibadan
- Edo State University Uzairue
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- University of Africa Toru Orua, Bayelsa State
- Bornu State University, Maiduguri
- Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology Abeokuta
- Gombe State University of Science and Technology
- Zamfara State University
- Confluence University of Science and Technology Osara, Kogi
- University of Delta, Agbor
- Delta University of Science and Technology Ozoro
- Dennis Osadebe University, Asaba
Which Federal University Has the Lowest Cut Off Mark for Law?
Here is the list of some of the Federal Universities in Nigeria that have low JAMB cut off marks for admission into law and other faculties ;
- Federal University of Health Sciences Ila-orangun
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Nigerian Maritime University Okerenkoko, Delta State
- University of Health Technology, Otukpo Benue State
What is the JAMB Cut Off Mark for Law?
To study law in a Nigerian institution of higher learning, most of them specify that you score not less than 200 in Post UTME . On the other hand, some universities like Ambrose Alli University accepts 180 cut off mark. With the exception of private universities, most state and federal universities do not accept JAMB score less than 180 for Lawyer. Polytechnics have lower JAMB score eligibility level for other courses, but they do not offer Lawyer programs. For this reason, JAMB score requirement to study Law in polytechnics is not applied.
The possibilities of being admitted to study Law in any university with a JAMB score from 180 to 200 (depending on the institution) is very low. On a percentage scale , it would be rated as 20% acceptance rate.
Updated list of All the ACCREDITED UNIVERSITIES OFFERING LAW IN NIGERIA
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA)
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada (UNIABUJA)
- Achievers University, Owo (AC)
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Al-Hikmah University, Illorin (AHU)
- Arthur Jarvis University, Akpoyubo
- American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN)
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo (BU)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau (BASUG)
- Baze University
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu (BU)
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City (BIU)
- Bowen University, Iwo (BU)
- Benue State University, Makurdi (BSU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli (COOU)
- Crescent University (CUAB)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU)
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin (EUI)
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo (ECU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Godfrey Okoye University (GOUNI)
- Gregory University, Uturu (GUU)
- Gombe State University (GSU)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University, Okada (IUO)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kogi State University, Anyigba (KSU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan (LCU)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK)
- Novena University, Ogume
- Niger Delta University, Yenagoa (NDU)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Nile University of Nigeria (NTUN)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil (NPA)
- Redeemer’s University, Nigeria (RUN)
- Renaissance University, Agbani (RNU)
- Rivers State University (RSU)
- Salem University, Lokoja Kogi State
- Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Western Delta University, Oghara (WDU)
- Yobe State University, Damaturu (YSU)
What is the JAMB Cut Off Mark For Law That Offers you a Guaranteed Admission?
Scoring 280 or more gives you a good chance of getting admission to study Law in any reputable university in Nigeria. With a JAMB score of up to 280 or more and good subject combinations , your chances of securing admission to study Law in your university of choice are quite impressive, with an estimated acceptance rate of 70%.
How Can I Calculate My Aggregate Score For Law?
- If your school is making use of both JAMB and Post UTME:Divide the JAMB score you got by 8. Divide the Post UTME score you got by 2. Sum the results up together to get your total average score.
- If your schoolis using JAMB, Post UTME, and O’ level results: Divide the JAMB score you got by 8, then add 30% of your Post UTME score, followed by 20% of your O’ level results, add up these three requirements to obtain your total average score.
Final Thoughts on Which University Has the Lowest Cut Off Mark for Law?
Most state and federal universities do not accept JAMB score less than 180 for Lawyer. The university with lowest cut off mark for law are the private universities. Polytechnics have lower JAMB score eligibility level for other courses, but they do not offer Lawyer programs. For this reason, JAMB score requirement to study Law in polytechnics is not applied.